South india Coastal tours and holiday packages
Tour to -
Arrive in India, for your Coastal South India Tour
- Arrive Chennai
- Welcome at airport
- transfer to hotel
Chennai to -
Day in Chennai
Discover the first city of your Coastal South India Tour,pacing through Chennai, the fourth largest city of India, also referred to as The Detroit of India because of its major share in India automobile export
AM: Enjoy a city sightseeing your, visiting
-Fort st George, the first bastion of British power in India. This fort is now used by The Tamil Nadu legislative assembly and the secretariat office.
- St Marys church, the oldest surviving British Church in India - The Theosophical Society of India
- Visit Marina beach, the longest beach in India
- Enjoy evening at leisure
Kancheepuram to -
Discover Kancheepuram and Mahabalipuram a beach town
Know for its rock cut temples and pagodas
Morning after breakfast drive to Mahabalipuram. Also visit Kanchipuram, the city of temples enroute. Overnight at Mahabalipuram. Stay at Hotel.
- Embark on your early morning drive to Kancheepuram, The City famous for is numerous temples temples and hand woven silk sarrees. The silk weavers of Kanchi settled more than 400 years ago and have given it an enviable reputation as the producer of the best silk sarees in the country.
- Drive to Mahabalipuram. On arrival, Check in at hotel and freshen Up
- Visit the Shore Temple, one of the oldest temples of South India.
-Also visit Arjuna Penance, the worlds largest rock bas relief
-The monuments of Mahabalipuram are an excellent specimen of Dravidian temple architecture and Pallava art. The group of sculptures in Mahabalipuram are listed out by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.
Pondicherry to -
Drive to Pondicherry, The French Riviera of The East
Relax at the leisurely pace of your Coastal South India Tour, With a visit to Pondicherry, a former French colony which still retains its French charm
- Drive to Pondicherry, the living epitome of french culture in India.
- Arrive Pondicherry, check-in at hotel and freshen up.
- Rest of the day is at leisure to discover this former settlement on your own.
Coastal to -
Day in Pondicherry
Experience the tranquilly of your Coastal South India Tour, discovering the city of Pondicherry.
- Visit Auroville, a unique experiment in human unity and international living
- After noon at leisure to enjoy the quiet beaches of Pondicherry
home to -
Drive to Tanjore, home to the Brihadeshwara temple and Tanjore
Continue to the cultural splendours of your Coastal South India Tour, with a visit to Tanjore, a UNESCO world heritage site in south India
- Drive to Tanjore, a city famous for its temple architecture and the world famous Tanjore paintings
- Enroute visit the beautiful Chola temples at Darasuram and Gangaikondacholapuram.
- Arrive Tanjore and check-in at hotel - Enjoy an evening at leisure
Tanjore to -
Day in Tanjore
Encounter the historic marvel of your Coastal South India Tour, discovering the Great chola temple at Tanjore and visiting the temple discovetng the Great Chola temple at Tanjore and visiting the temple town of Trichy
- Visit the Brihadeshware temple, the worlds first complete granite structure. It stands in middle of fortified walls added probably in sixteenth century. There is one temple tower, which people call as Vimana.
- Take an excursion to Trichy, a thriving commercial city of South India known for its famous Rock Fort and beautiful temples.
Madurai to --
Drive to Madurai, The temple city of India
Discover heritage in your Coastal South India Tour,
The temple is the most prominent landmark and most visited tourist attraction in the city.
The annual 10-day Meenakshi Tirukalyanam festival, celebrated during April and May, attracts 1 million visitors.
- Drive to Madurai.
- Arrive Madurai, check-in at hotel and freshen up.
PM: Discover Madurai by visiting
- The Gandhi Museum, displaying the original blood stained
garments of Mahatma Gandhi when he was assassinated
- The Triumalai Nayak palace,
-It is dedicated to Parvati, known as Meenakshi, and her consort, Shiva, here named Sundareswarar.
Drive to periyar
Drive to periyar, the spice plantaion hub of Kerala
Enjoy a scenic drive on your Coastal South India Tour, with a drive to Periyar
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Periyar.
- On arrival in periyar, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- The exotic odour of the finest ginger, cloves, cardamom, turmeric and pepper, also known as black gold, emanate from the spice warehouses lining the street and fills it.
- This evening , visit the Periyar Wildlife sanctuary, one of the finest elephant reserves of
- Wild Kerala Tours is run by a small group of hardcore conservationists, and we do not dilute our norms and terms for monitory benefits. All travelers participating in our programs must be ready to adhere to the conditions of dressing, behavior and other code of conduct published by the company.
beach paradise to -
Drive to the beach paradise of Kovalam
Experience the epitome of your Coastal South India Tour, discovering the serene beaches of Kovalam
- Drive to Kovalam, one of the most serene and beautiful beaches of south India.
- Enjoy the evening at leisure, pamperint yourself with the various Ayurveda and Spa treatment offered by your resort in Kovalam.
Kovalam to -
Relax and rejuvenate in Kovalam
Experience the rejuvenation marvels of your Coastal South India Tour, relaxing in Kovalam
AM & PM:
- The beautiful beaches of Kovalam are still far from being Commercialized or packed with tourists. Today,enjoy a day at leisure to relax and unwind by the tranquil beaches of Kovalam or enjoy the various facilities offered by your hotel.
Board to -
Board your Backwasters Houseboat
Experience the tranquillity of your Coastal South India Tour, With a
houseboat cruise along the backwaters of Kerala.
- Drive to Thothapally to board your houseboat to cruise through The backwaters of Kerala.
Kumarakom to -
Discover Kumarakom, the coastal backwaters hub of Kerala
Experience the serenity of your Coastal South India Tour, With a Visit to the calm coastal town of Kumarakom.
- After breakfast alight your houseboat at Kumarakom, the coastal town in backwaters of Kerala. Proceed to your hotel for check-in.
Vembanad Lake is at the heart of Kerala Backwaters tourism with hundreds of kettuvallams plied on it and numerous resorts on its banks. The Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is located on the east coast of the lake. The lake has become a major tourist attraction. A generally safe destination, this place had just one incident of tourist harassment in 2004 as reported in The Times of India.
Drive to -
Drive to kochi, queen of the Arabian Sea
Discover Kochi, the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, a highlight of your Coastal South India Tour
- Embark on a short drive to Kochi, the commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala.
-On arrival in Kochi, check-in at your hotel and enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
- Kathakali has its origins almost 1500 years ago in the early ritual folk dances and dance dramas of Kerala, in southern India, such as the dances associated with the cult of Bhagavathy (Thiyyattom, Mudiyettu, and Theyyam), that were performed at religious festivals by actors wearing elaborate masks, colorful costumes and headdresses.
Departsure to -
- Enjoy a sighrseeing tour of Kochi
-Enjoy last minute shopping in Kochi
your flight back home.